Yes, I am referring to the cosmetics company called AVON. I have no problems with this company, my wife is a representative and it does give us a little wiggle room concerning finances.
This post, in keeping in tune with what Nasty’s Corner is all about, is about their microwave popcorn popper. It was only out for one or two campaigns (meaning that the item was only available in one or two of the little books that reps pass out). My wife was able to order one before they hit the streets, so to speak. Unfortunately, due to feedback from customers, it was pulled from the shelf/book.
It appears that the container gets to hot to handle. Well, here goes my take on the product.
The cooker requires no oil and a quarter cup of kernels will fill the container about 3/4′s full. The top is ventilated and you can place a slab of butter on top and your end result will, of course, be buttered popcorn.
Here is my routine:
1. Put 1/4 cup of kernels (I like Orville Reddenbachers) in container and snap on lid.
2. Put one tablespoon of butter in center of lid (I use the stick butter because it has the markings on the wrapper)
3. Put in microwave, shut door, and set timer for 4 minutes.
This is the tricky part:
4. Hang around the microwave because around the 1 minute 30 second time frame it will be time to stop the microwave and pull your popcorn out. Otherwise it will burn and possibly catch fire. This is where I believe some of the consumer issues are. The other issue, the main one reported, is when you reach into the microwave and grab the container.
Warning: Grabbing a container that has been in the microwave for @1 minute or longer is going to be HOT! Which is why I have a towel close by and I use it to remove microwaved items.
Now to continue with my routine:
5. Repeat steps 1 – 4
6. Repeat steps 1 – 4
7. Repeat steps 1 – 4
Yep, you guessed right, I have just spent about 20 minutes popping popcorn.
8. Sit down in your favorite chair, turn on one of your favorite movies or your favorite TV shows and munch popcorn ’til your heart’s content.
Now to summarize my usage and testing of the AVON Microwave Popcorn Bowl:
The product worked amazingly well. If I could, I would recommend it to you. Well, actually, I do recommend it to you.
Just be careful and diligent when using it. Safety, Safety, Safety.
If I were to give this a star rating like some products have, I would give it a 4.5 out of 5. To get a 5 out of 5 it would have to do all the work itself and magically appear in my lap while I browse the TV/Movie guide.
Have a blessed day, I certainly am